Old Tired Squire In Action

Old Tired Squire In Action

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Yoga kicked my ass! (Or, how I realized what sucky shape I'm really in)

In the recent past, I've had a bad tendency to start a fitness program, only to overdo, injure my self and get discouraged and quit. So this time, I thought to myself, I'll do it differently.

I've accordingly been moving slowly to introduce new elements to my program. I started with walking using my Heavyhands, which is the way I lost 60 pounds or so back in the late 80s. I've been upping my distance slowly and watching for signs of injury. So far, so good.

Today, I finally started adding yoga.  And it kicked my ass!

I used to be so flipping flexible and now I suck. But, as Jake says:



The good news is that I am not discouraged, just determined to get better.


Remember:  Never give up!



If Arthur can do it, so can I.


(And if I can do it at 59, so can you).

Leif

No comments:

Post a Comment