Old Tired Squire In Action

Old Tired Squire In Action

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Old Tired Squire Update

I haz rattan!  


Not enough, mind you, but I've built one sword (as soon as I get a basket hilt to put on it).  I bought a 9 foot shaft (Thank you, Sir Godwin), but after I gave one blank to my oldest son, and one to his best friend, I'm left with one 37 inch blank for myself.  Guess I need to buy more!  :-)

I continue in my conditioning -- I was at Stargate fighter practice Sunday.  Two and a half hours in the Houston heat (even if I couldn't fight).  And I'm up to two laps of the neighborhood with HeavyHands.

I had hoped to pick up some armor this weekend (and may yet), but I'm having to drop $1,300 on the family car to replace the A/C compressor, dryer and hoses.  Oof!  (But having reliable A/C again will be a good thing).

But, hey -- I still have my job and my health, so who's to complain?

Leif

No comments:

Post a Comment